The vision of SoulSong Enterprises began to manifest in 2003 when Sharon Sofia began to write and illustrate her first two inspired children’s books, My Guardian Angel and The Angels Among Us. These books were written to foster each child’s innate spiritual wisdom. Sharon Sofia's intention was to publish each book with a selection of different languages ~Reaching Every Child~. She also had many ideas about interactive companion products for her books that would be developmentally engaging. Simultaneously evolving was the quest to cultivate prospects that would afford women living in isolated and impoverished communities the ability to create positive change in their lives and their children’s lives. As a single mother raising 5 sons, Sharon Sofia empathized from a deep personal place the emotional struggle that can accompany the inability to provide opportunities that can help further the dreams and ambitions of a child. Out of her desire to support every child’s connection to Spirit and to provide encouragement and assistance to mothers less fortunate than herself emerged SoulSong Enterprises ~the song of Sharon Sofia’s own soul.
SoulSong Enterprises is comprised of two divisions: SoulSong Publishing, a profitable venture and SSEGO; SoulSong Enterprises Global Outreach Foundation, a charitable non profit organization. While each division has specific objectives, together they support the overall objectives of SoulSong Enterprises.
SoulSong Enterprises vision encompasses the following objectives:
- To honor and foster each child's connection to Spirit and each other globally.
- To positively affect poverty, isolation and a global sense of hopelessness, bordering on despair for some communities.
- To encourage cultural awareness and diversity and to foster self-esteem.
- To provide opportunities that encourages and empowers women to positively improve the quality of their lives and the lives of their children.
- To contribute to the creation of Paradise on Earth.
SoulSong Publishing™ (a trademark affiliate of SoulSong Enterprises) objectives include:
- To publish beautiful and inspiring multilingual children’s books ~reaching every child~.
- To produce other products that complement book themes including greeting cards, children’s playing cards and additional printed materials.
A minimum of 10% of all SoulSong Publishing’s proceeds go to the continued efforts of SSEGO; SoulSong Enterprises Non Profit Global Outreach division.
SSEGO; SoulSong Enterprises Non Profit, as the charitable division of SoulSong encompasses the following objectives:
- To assist in the creation and sustainability of cottage industry businesses locally and globally for women in need of opportunity.
- To provide and develop product ideas that complement book themes published by SoulSong Publishing.
- To generate public relations and marketing strategies that furthers the success and sustainability of local and global cottage industry businesses.